Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Tuesday, November 8, 2016
Beef Barbacoa Tacos
Ingredients for Beef
· 4 lbs beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will also work)
· 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 3 - 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
· 1¼ cups beef broth
· 4 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
· 1 Tbsp dried oregano
· ¾ tsp salt, then more to taste
· ½ tsp ground black pepper
· ¼ tsp ground cloves
· ¼ cup fresh lime juice
1. Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the vegetable oil and sear the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
2. In a food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and turn on warm.
Ingredients for Tacos
· 12 Hard taco shells with wide base
· Shredded Mexican Cheese
· Shredded Iceburg Lettuce
· Chopped Purple Onions
· Diced Tomatoes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Assemble taco shells, meat, and cheese then place in the oven until the cheese melts.
3. Move to serving plate. Add lettuce, onions and tomatoes.
French Dip Sandwiches
· 4 lbs 3 lbs beef chunk roast – trimmed of excess fat
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· 6 French Rolls
For Slow Cooker:
· 12 slices provolone or pepper jack cheese
· 1/3 cup soy sauce
· 2 (10.5 oz) cans beef consommé
· ¼ cup dry minced onions
· 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· ½ teaspoon onion powder
· ½ teaspoon dried oregano
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon pepper
· 1 bay leaf
1. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet. Using two forks or tongs to hold roast, sear on all sides until lightly browned. Add to slow cooker and top with all remaining Slow Cooker ingredients.
2. Cook on LOW for 4 hours then remove roast to a cutting board. Thinly slice roast across the grain. Place sliced meat back in slow cooker and continue to cook on LOW for 1-2 additional hours.
3. When ready to serve, remove roast and strain fat from broth for dipping.
4. Split rolls and line the bottoms on a baking tray. Top each half with beef followed by 2 slices cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F or until cheese is melted. Serve with reserved au jus in small cups.
Ham & Noodle Casserole
· 1 (12 oz) package noodles cooked (Egg Noodles or Shell)
· ¼ cup butter
· 1 onion, chopped
· 8 oz sliced ham, diced
· 2 cans cream of chicken soup
· 1 cup milk
· 1 teaspoon garlic salt
· 1 teaspoon pepper
· dash of salt
· 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
· crushed potato chips (regular or sour cream and onion)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt butter in pot over medium heat, add onions and sauté until they begin to soften.
3. Add ham, cream of chicken soup, milk, garlic salt, pepper and salt. Stir and cook until blended well.
4. Combine mixture, noodles, and 1 cup of cheese, stir until well blended.
5. Spray a 8 x 8 pan with nonstick spray.
6. Place half of mixture in pan, add a thin layer of cheese, place other half in pan and top with the rest of the cheese.
7. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. Sprinkle crushed potato chips on top, cook 5 more minutes. Then enjoy!
Mexican Street Corn
· 3 ears of sweet corn
· 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
· ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
· 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
· ½ teaspoon chipole chili powder
· splash of lime juice
· ½ cup cotija cheese, crumbled
1. Boil corn in water for 5 minutes (fresh corn) or 8 minutes (day old corn)
2. Mix together mayo, garlic powder, cilantro, chipotle powder and lime juice.
3. Spread mayo mixture all over corn then roll in cotija cheese. Enjoy!