Beef Barbacoa Tacos
Ingredients for Beef
· 4 lbs beef brisket (or beef chuck roast will also work)
· 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
· 3 - 4 chipotle chilis in adobo
· 1¼ cups beef broth
· 4 teaspoons minced garlic
· 1½ Tbsp ground cumin
· 1 Tbsp dried oregano
· ¾ tsp salt, then more to taste
· ½ tsp ground black pepper
· ¼ tsp ground cloves
· ¼ cup fresh lime juice
1. Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat add the vegetable oil and sear the beef on each side. Transfer to your slow cooker.
2. In a food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, salt, pepper, cloves, and lime juice. Pulse until blended and pour on top of the meat.
3. Cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 6 hours. Shred the meat with two forks and turn on warm.
Ingredients for Tacos
· 12 Hard taco shells with wide base
· Shredded Mexican Cheese
· Shredded Iceburg Lettuce
· Chopped Purple Onions
· Diced Tomatoes
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Assemble taco shells, meat, and cheese then place in the oven until the cheese melts.
3. Move to serving plate. Add lettuce, onions and tomatoes.